Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Looking Back on PowerPoint potential


Hi all,

I looked at the Interactive PowerPoint on Moodle and thought that it was a great idea, but to be honest, I did not attempt to learn or create one due to my attitudes and perceptions that it would be too difficult for me to understand and too time consuming. I was then introduced to an assessment piece at University where I had to analyse and create digital portfolios in relation to the Department of Education and Training (2010) Digital Portfolio Framework.
I looked at the four frameworks and created a digital portfolio for each of the types. Have a look at my website to see how I used the Interactive PowerPoint to inform, celebrate, reflect and showcase student work pieces. Let me know what you think.

Until next time,
Amy

References


Department of Education and Training. (2010). Smart classrooms bytes: Learning with digital portfolios. Retrieved from http://education.queensland.gov.au/smartclassrooms/pdf/smart-newsletter.pdf

2 comments:

  1. Hi Amy,

    What a great example of how to use an interactive PowerPoint you have made!

    I think your honest statement about having negative perceptions that held you back from trying the tool, are based in commonly held misconceptions. Interactive PowerPoints are surprisingly easy to create and use, as you now know. They are a great tool for teachers to use to present information or for students to create to demonstrate their understanding on a concept.

    How else would you use interactive PowerPoints in the classroom?

    Keep up the great work,

    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lynn,
    Thankyou for that! I think that they can be used for a variety of ways. The other day in school, I began reading Goosebumps and the students loved it. In the book I chose, the students pick the story that they want to take and what adventures they want to go o throughout the book.I had a chat to my Learning Manager and next term, I am going to get the students to complete their own story adventures using an Interactive PowerPoint. Let me know what you think?
    Amy

    ReplyDelete