Monday, August 23, 2010

YouTube in the Classroom


Vodcasts as previously mentioned are Video Castings. The most common form of Vodcasts are YouTube clips. I have chosen a clip on electricity. It could be used as a reflection on learning or as a hook to engage the learners are for the learners to see where they are headed with their learning. I think that there are endless opportunities for YouTube clips to be used in the classroom. It is important that it directly relates to the learning outcomes that need to be achieved, otherwise it can cause students to become off task and confused.

Once, I used a YouTube clip on Aboriginal Artwork. The students in the remainder of the lesson were instructed to research different pieces of artwork and try to decode the symbols. I found that the clip that I selected was too broad and the students became confused and were then unable to come up with the product and complete the task that I assigned them.

With careful thinking behind the application of YouTube clips, I think that the students can really connect and become engaged. Let me know what you think.

Until next time,
Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment