Wednesday, August 18, 2010

My journey so far

Hi all,
ICTs are great tools to use in the classroom. So far, my learning journey has made me aware that i don’t have to like every tool. Some tools i have found do not have a rich pedagogical approach or don’t really work for my teaching style. Other tools i am using over and over again adn feel as though i becoming obsessed with them to learn more and use then in a variety of ways.
His course so far has opened my eyes to the use of ICTs in the classroom, the ways of the future and it has also opened my eyes to possibilities to extend my teaching abilities. I am starting to see the light
Amy

2 comments:

  1. Hi Amy,
    I am also seeing ICT's in a new light. As I am a digital immigrant that has been forced into this new paradigm of learning, my fear of entering this world was fierce. As I am also a creative kinesthetic type of person I really didn't have that much faith in my E learning journey. With help and support from colleagues, mentors and such constructive feedback from other E Learners, I am starting to get inspired. The prospect of being creative by using ITC's hadn't occured to me because of the technichal aspects (or the unknown). I have seen how ICT's can be incorporated in any learning context and in such diverse and engaging ways. This also makes me wonder about intelligence tests - I don't seem to be the person they say I am - I'll get back to you with mote on that ..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Rachel,
    I also found that I was not really what they said I was in reference to what type of learner I am. I found that when tested, the result occured that I was not a visual learner, when in fact, I recreate all of the content I administer into diagrams and colour co-ordinate everything to help me remember. I am with you on that one.
    Until next time,
    Amy

    ReplyDelete